Monday, June 25, 2012

The SECRET of Psychic Fortune Telling - Is It Guessing, Telepathy or Something Else?


What is the secret to a good psychic reading? Is it mind reading? Spiritual divination? Telepathy? ESP? Good guessing? Or does a good psychic simply rely on the gullibility of the person who needs the reading, and simply throw enough general fluff out there and hope that SOMETHING sticks?
The funny thing is, I can honestly tell you that all of the above are true! I've worked with (and watched) psychics, mediums and clairvoyants who are clearly getting incredible information from a source that is NOT coming from the mind of the caller or client. I've seen readings where I'm pretty sure the psychic IS getting the information from the client's "head"... a sort of ESP or telepathy on steroids. I've watched gifted psychics predict future events, make incredible proclamations that DID come true shortly thereafter... and even once interviewed a reader who told me about a specific dream I had, with incredible details, and even told me what it was meant to warn me of as well. 
  
That said... I've also watched many mediums, psychics, fortune tellers and clairvoyants guess, gold dig for information, ask leading questions, use basic cold reading techniques... and when THAT failed, simply start to guess (often with embarrassing results). 
  
The truth is, while some people still ask me about my opinion on fortune telling, I think the phrase "fortune teller" in of itself is a bad one and NOT indicative of what a real psychic does.

The fact is, there is much about our universe we don't understand. Scientist, spiritualists and skeptics ALL agree on this. There is much that we don't know about the mind, the brain, the body, the spirit... and what (or if) any of these various parts of the human being intersect... and how.
The best I can offer is this: I've had hundreds of psychic readings, many of which have completely changed what I believe about life, death and everything in between. They have taught me that we are all connected in incredibly simple ways.
And even though you and I have different bodies, different backgrounds and different beliefs, somewhere special, in a spiritual sense, we are all part of the same great plan. We each have a purpose, a path and a destiny to discover. A good fortune teller, or said more respectfully - a good professional intuitive, simply has the ability to tap into that destiny and give you a gentle nudge in the right direction (And help you GET where you're actually supposed to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment